One of the visa requirements is a notarized copy of each of your college or university degrees. The easiest way to get that done is to go to your local bank and get them to notarized the documents for you. I use Wells Fargo bank and they use to do notarization for free if you were a bank customer.
So, one of the things you will find is that notary publics do not actually notarize documents per say, what they notarize is your signature. So, this is what I did . . .
I brought a copy of each of my degrees. I signed the bottom of the copy in front of the notary, and then they notarized my signature.
It sounds ridiculous, but that is what they want!
My suggestion is to also get copies of your birth certificate and marriage certificate (if that applies to you) notarized before you come. It can be a huge hassle to verify that stuff here!
Here is a photo of my husband's signature and the notarization on my degree-- so as you can see, they are notarizing a signature (doesn't even have to be yours!).
So, one of the things you will find is that notary publics do not actually notarize documents per say, what they notarize is your signature. So, this is what I did . . .
I brought a copy of each of my degrees. I signed the bottom of the copy in front of the notary, and then they notarized my signature.
It sounds ridiculous, but that is what they want!
My suggestion is to also get copies of your birth certificate and marriage certificate (if that applies to you) notarized before you come. It can be a huge hassle to verify that stuff here!
Here is a photo of my husband's signature and the notarization on my degree-- so as you can see, they are notarizing a signature (doesn't even have to be yours!).

No comments:
Post a Comment